The Afternoon TeaQuintessentially British, afternoon tea is not only one of the UK’s most famous pastimes, but also offers a welcome break during a long day. Relax and refresh yourself with tea, coffee, sandwiches, scones and perhaps even a glass of chilled Prosecco in the lovely surroundings of the 4* Abbey Hotel in Worcestershire.
The tradition of the afternoon tea dates back to the early nineteenth century when Anna, the 7th Duchess of Bedford is said to have complained of “having that sinking feeling” during the late afternoon. To revive herself, the Duchess had her servants bring her a pot of tea and a light snack, taken privately in her boudoir during the afternoon. Then soon she began inviting her friends to join her for her additional meal in her room at Woburn Abbey. Before long all of fashionable society was sipping tea and nibbling sandwiches in the middle of the afternoon. And so became the Afternoon Tea!
Afternoon Tea Menu
Traditional Afternoon Tea
- Warm plain or fruit scone with Cornish clotted cream and strawberry preserve.
- Selection of handmade cakes.
- Selection of traditional sandwiches.
- Served with a pot of English or fruit tea of your choice
Savoury Afternoon TeaWarm plain or fruit scone with Cornish clotted cream and strawberry preserve.
Mini burger, pork pie and piccalilli, chicken Caesar wrap
Ox cheek bon bon, farmhouse cheddar and pickle bite, pork quavers
Served with a pot of English or fruit tea of your choice.
£18.95 per person
Children’s Afternoon Tea
- Mini scone with Cornish clotted cream and strawberry preserve.
- Jam sandwich, ham roll, Babybel cheese and mini burger.
- Mini trifle, strawberry Pavlova, jam tart & chocolate brownie.
- Served with a hot chocolate with marshmallows.
- OR glass of strawberry or banana milkshake.
£11.00 per child